Monday, March 24, 2014

Outside the Class1

Over spring break i went to a concert in Richmond,Va. The concert artist who was performing was called juicy J. He is a rap veteran. It was a very livid and hype concert and it was a good atmosphere to be around. This relates to our English class in many ways. It was a time in class when we were talking about pop culture and how it plays an affect in our lives. Juicy J certainly isn't the biggest role model in peoples lives.I mean his rap name says it all lol. He raps about many inappropriate things such as guns, drugs, and women. These are things that people usually shouldn't support but it was amazing how many people like him and sometimes even idolize him. People where wearing shirts and hats made by him. Celebrities play a huge role in every bodies lives. By celebrities i mean singers, rappers, sports stars, painters etc not just the rapper juicy j either. It crazy to see the effect they have on regular people who want to be like them and look up to them. They could support negative or positive things and people would still vibe to them. Pop culture influences our lives drastically and i may write my last paper on this topic.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you enjoyed the concert. It is amazing how people pick others to "vibe on" and to even make their "role model". I just hope that families get back to the old fashion, traditional meaning of "role model". Your parents, uncle, aunt, neighbor who sets a good example is the kind of "role model" we ALL need! I love me some Beyonce, but I know that I would never allow my niece to look to her for any role model material! She is a great entrepreneur, and philantropist, but I don't want her to think that less is more when it comes to clothing.

    ReplyDelete